A panoramic radiograph is a panoramic scanning dental X-ray of the upper and lower jaw. It shows a two-dimensional view of a half-circle from ear to ear.
• Broad anatomic region is imaged.
• Low radiation dose.
• Convenient, easy and fast. The entire procedure takes 14 seconds expsure time.
• Procedure can be performed on patients who cannot open their mouth.
• Easy for edentulous patients, patients who do not tolerate intraoral procedure well, patients with multiple tooth / Oral pathology.
• No overlapping of facial bones.
Procedure of taking OPG :
You may be asked to remove jewellery, eyeglasses, and any metal objects that may obscure the images. You will be asked to stand with your face resting on a small shelf and to bite gently on a sterile mouth piece to steady your head. It is important to stay very still while the x-ray is taken. You will not feel any discomfort during the procedure.
know more : https://www.bestorthodontistbracespune.in/dental-xray-opg.html